Did you know that water is an essential nutrient? That means, you cannot live without it. Our bodies are around 70% water and most of that has to be replaced every day. Wow. If you are not drinking water, you are at risk for developing many health issues.
Thirst is a mechanism within your body that notifies you when you must drink water. But guess what, you are already dehydrated when you feel thirsty. So donâ€™t wait for that signal, get ahead of the game and start feeding your body with good, clean, filtered water (not from a plastic bottle!) daily!!
But how much? Some recommend about 1 ounce of water for every pound of your body weight. Another good guide that I often recommend, is to drink until your urine is very pale yellow or clear, then you know you are hydrated.
Your challenge this week in January 2018, is to drink water daily. In fact, drink water only, no other liquids every day with these guidelines. And then, watch what happens. After you complete this week with water, because you will want to continue this for everyday of the month.
Some of the many reasons water is so important:
- Your body is 70% water, lose too much and your body will not function normal
- Water is extremely important for adequate circulation and blood count
- Your body uses waterÂ in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and functions
- Your brain is 95% water, so if you have brain fog, maybe it is just not enough water in the brain
- Water makes saliva, you need saliva to start digestion and break down foods and swallow
- Keeps the bowels moving, you will become constipated when you are dehydrated
- Sweat is full of water and toxins that you remove when sweating. No water, no sweat
- Water lubricates our joints and cartilage and allows them to move more easily
- WhenÂ you don’t drinkenoughÂ water, the collagen begins to crack and bind together, causing fine lines and wrinkles to get more noticed